Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Two video versions of the same trip

In December I made this video from my summer trip to Lapland. I was not very satisfied with it, though the main problem was that I messed up some clips by filming them with too fast a shutter speed (newbie mistake). Also loosing my tripod head in the beginning of the trip led limited the possible filming angles.



When I got the Sony Vegas Movie Studio 11, I though about giving another shot at the fairly limited raw material. The result is seen here.



I'm not fully satisfied with this one either. The uneven motion caused by using too fast a shutterspeed is very visible in some places and even seems to have become worse in the Vimeo version. The few places where I'm holding the camera while riding look rather unsharp after having been processed with the Vegas stabilizer tool.

Comments? Which one is better and why? What could be improved?

No comments:

Post a Comment